Tuesday, April 28, 2009

~Love Letters: A Lost Art Form~

While I would love to just blog about Fashion and Beauty all day everyday, I feel the need to truly make this blog about "All Things Fabulous". I was out at Target last night (for batteries ;-) and I came across the cutest stationary. It really made me want to send letters to my loved ones. As I sat back and thought about it I can't even remember the last time I actually sent a hand written letter. That's just sad... There used to be a time when writing letters was the only way to communicate with your special someone or pen pal. Now that we've become this fast paced twitter/online bill pay society, we barely even check our mailbox.


Let's add a little nostalgia to our day-to-day routines...


If asked to describe my style I would call it "Classic Sexy". So in keeping with this style I decided to get some stationary that reflected just that. And for the next few days I'm going to spend some time hand writing notes to those I care about. **I couldn't find a pic of the set I bought but here are a few examples:If you like this idea, but feel like you don't know what to say, just look around you. There are always cute sayings or funny ecards that you can use for inspiration. It could be a 2 page heartfelt poem, a short quote, a bible scripture or just something funny to cheer up a co-worker. You can never go wrong when letting someone know their special and they mean a lot to you.
Since Mother's Day is right around the corner what better way to show her you love her! Trust me she'll appreciate your card over a Hallmark card anyday...
Example:
"Mama you know I love you. Mama you’re the queen of my heart; your love is like tears from the stars. Mama I just want you to know, lovin’ you is like food to my soul.” — BoyzIIMen
Okay that's all my ranting for today ;-)
'Til the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment