Friday, May 15, 2009

Love, Where Are You??

Relationships... Hmm... Not my cup of tea. While I'm good at helping women become more in tune with their inner style diva, I am the worst at relationships. I have never been in a long term relationship. Let me be clear - My longest committed relationship was 7 months. Sigh... And it was doomed from the start. I was just lonely at the time. Now, I've been "seeing" the same person for almost 2 yrs now, but we are not (and probably won't ever be) in a committed relationship. I know... I know... I should just cut him loose. But what fabuloulista wants to be alone? Certainly not me! He's my movie buddy, my recipe taster/critic, and my knight in shining armor when Duchess(my car;-) breaks down on me. He has told me numerous times that he's gotta "get himself together" first before he is ready to commit. I truly had no idea what that really meant. But after reading Steve Harvey's Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, I now understand his need to define himself in 3 ways; Who he is, What he does, and How much he makes. But now that I know... I'm over it! Even though I've never told him - I love him dearly. But like Tina says " What's Love Got To Do With It?".


'Til the next time,
I will be happily single until Mr. Big comes along...

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes they really do need to get themselves together. Question is, what things are they getting together? Yes, it's true that men want to be the financial backbone of a relationship, but how's his spiritual life? YOu know how these guys do - once you cut them loose, then they realize all the reasons they wanted you to stay. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly the question!! I really have no idea what all he's trying to "get together". As odd as it sounds we really don't talk much. You know real conversations...
    I think he's a wonderful person, but I'm just more interested in being with a man who loves and appreciates me. Not just someone who's content with having me around.

    ReplyDelete